From Nature reserves to rivers/lakes and from beautiful valleys to exotic wildlife, Africa has a lot to offer. Welcome to this edition of Why You Should Visit Africa brought to you by Oiroegbu.com
1. Adventure: If you really love nature and adventure, then you should visit Africa. There’s so much to do and participate in. You can join a hunting party. You can learn how to craft spears, arrows and bows and how to use them! You can hike on mountainous terrains and ride on the back of Ostriches and Camels. You can navigate streams and crawl through caves. You can learn to climb the Palm tree without ropes or even swim with harmless Pythons and huge cat fishes!
2. Culture/Tradition/People: Africa is blessed with diverse traditions. These cultures are something you are not familiar with unless you have already been to Africa. The mode of dressing, socializing, language, history and folklore are some things you won’t see elsewhere. There’s taboo, there’s voodoo. If you visit Africa, you will experience unique cultures.
3. African Food/Delicacies: African dishes can be mouth watering. Have you heard of kunu, burukutu, fura, mmai nkwu, ngwo, mqobothi? These drinks are local brew which will keep you wanting more. You can enjoy some Suya too, a delicacy you won’t forget in a hurry. If you love good food and happen to be in Africa, you will definitely get affordable treats.
4. Safari/Nature Reserves: This perhaps is the main reason people visit Africa. With beautiful landscapes, tourism/hospitality businesses are on the rise. There are countless numbers of game and nature reserves. Large expanses of forests and wildlife are protected by the government. This also translates to opportunities for researchers and academicians. Tourists can camp in the wild, travel with guides for Safari, have dinner while watching the sun set in Africa and enjoy the best of natural things.
5. Industry/Economic Opportunities: Africa has been tagged the land of hope. There are numerous opportunities for businesses and entrepreneurs. With abundant raw materials, arable land and warm climate, cheap and young human resources, Africa is a growing hub for foreign investment. There are coal and Crude oil in Nigeria, gold and diamonds in South Africa, uranium in Niger republic, Timber and Iron ore in Congo Kinshasa and many more.
6. Warm climate/Tranquility: Rural Africa is a great place to live and heal. For holidays, rural campings are good escape from noisy towns and cities. There are many cities in Africa though but if you would like to make the most of your time in Africa, camp for a while in the countryside, socialize with locals and learn a thing or two from them. You will fall in love if you visit Africa.
7. Music/Dance: African music is enjoyed all over world. Most African songs are energetic in style and rhythm. Have you seen a live performance by natives? African songs are soul lifting and crave for dance. If you need to let out steam and have fun, witness a live performance by an African band.
This is all for now. I will write more on why you should visit Africa some other time. It’s a good night from Africa.