Most of my quiet times are for self-reflection. Each time I prepare to reflect, I take nothing along, invite no one and try to keep my brain free of thoughts. I assume that I’ve nothing save from myself and my environment.
During my stay in Workers Village, Tudun Amba in Lafia, Nigeria, I take long walks away from home. I pick a quiet place where I can enjoy the uninterrupted connection with my environment. Luckily green fields surround my neighbourhood. I only had to find a right spot, under some tree shade to reflect. Our environment returns whatever we give to it; respect is reciprocal.
We won’t know the true extent of Providence if we continue to ignore the impact of our activities on the environment. We are tenants and the Environment, our landlord. No good tenant treats her landlord wrong, vice versa.
I remind myself that peace and tranquillity is an extraordinary mix gifted to man by his environment. This is the best time to reflect on ways to treat our environment better.
I speak for green things, the trees and wildlife, and everything that considers itself living. Happy World Environment Day.
The picture above was taken in my favourite hangout spot in Tudun Amba, Lafia, Northern Nigeria. I now travel and live both in urban or rural communities of Southern Nigeria.
- Twist and TurnsTwist and turns; the song of life, Walk or run, up or down the cliffs, Vigor may come as a dream or wife
- The Importance of Folklore In Igboland (Uru akụkọ ifo baara n’ala Igbo)The Igbo Storytelling Tradition Before the coming of the white man, the Igbo cultural society educated themselves through folktales. Storytelling was a revered tradition used to pass the wisdom of ancestors to the younger generation. It […]
- Quote for The Week: KindnessA true selfless act always sparks another – without fail ~ Klaus
- Life’s Flow by Robin BlissGoing with the flow of life Or Rather starting to do so Just as water flows naturally To form runnels, streamlets To join the rivers which Also, flow to meet the ocean So our life’s flow […]
- Martin Luther King Jr DayToday is Martin Luther King Jr Day. To celebrate this icon I decided to post some of his quotes. 1. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. 2. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light […]