Most of my quiet times are for self-reflection. Each time I prepare to reflect, I take nothing along, invite no one and try to keep my brain free of thoughts. I assume that I’ve nothing save from myself and my environment.
During my stay in Workers Village, Tudun Amba in Lafia, Nigeria, I take long walks away from home. I pick a quiet place where I can enjoy the uninterrupted connection with my environment. Luckily green fields surround my neighbourhood. I only had to find a right spot, under some tree shade to reflect. Our environment returns whatever we give to it; respect is reciprocal.
We won’t know the true extent of Providence if we continue to ignore the impact of our activities on the environment. We are tenants and the Environment, our landlord. No good tenant treats her landlord wrong, vice versa.
I remind myself that peace and tranquillity is an extraordinary mix gifted to man by his environment. This is the best time to reflect on ways to treat our environment better.
I speak for green things, the trees and wildlife, and everything that considers itself living. Happy World Environment Day.
The picture above was taken in my favourite hangout spot in Tudun Amba, Lafia, Northern Nigeria. I now travel and live both in urban or rural communities of Southern Nigeria.
- Friends: A Loop That Never EndsFriends are family we chose for ourselves Today is the International Day of Friendship and I’ll like to share a little thought. We all have friends and they may come in different forms; fellow men or […]
- Muse: Make You SmileLong before this nightfall, I’ll freestyle, just to see you smile.
- Muse: Little DancerSpread your palms, take my hands, Let’s break out from the circle, Hover about, see the morning smile, Tonight you will be my little dancer
- Windy MusicThere uphill, music from the wind Arrive upon paths walked by the kind It’s a hymn for the simple-minded Piped in the day and late in the night The whistling wind conducts, From uphill the melody […]
- A Lover’s MuseLove conquers all, everything Falling in love was least on my list. The world no longer was a dark place, having met someone who brought light to everything and everyone. Someone who lights the world with […]