Most of my quiet times are for self-reflection. Each time I prepare to reflect, I take nothing along, invite no one and try to keep my brain free of thoughts. I assume that I’ve nothing save from myself and my environment.
During my stay in Workers Village, Tudun Amba in Lafia, Nigeria, I take long walks away from home. I pick a quiet place where I can enjoy the uninterrupted connection with my environment. Luckily green fields surround my neighbourhood. I only had to find a right spot, under some tree shade to reflect. Our environment returns whatever we give to it; respect is reciprocal.
Want a blog like this? Click here.
We won’t know the true extent of Providence if we continue to ignore the impact of our activities on the environment. We are tenants and the Environment, our landlord. No good tenant treats her landlord wrong, vice versa.
I remind myself that peace and tranquillity is an extraordinary mix gifted to man by his environment. This is the best time to reflect on ways to treat our environment better.
I speak for green things, the trees and wildlife, and everything that considers itself living. Happy World Environment Day.
Here, read ways we can keep the environment safe and clean.
The picture above was taken in my favourite hangout spot in Tudun Amba, Lafia, Northern Nigeria. I now travel and live both in urban or rural communities of Southern Nigeria.
- The Diary of A Village Boy: Leopard Spirit 6
- TwilightWhat’s your favorite sunset moment? I have created an imaginative piece for lovers. Well, love is the greatest magic ever. Good night. *** Warm evening blankets lurk behindWhen the golden sunset float ahead,Heralding end of daylightSo […]
- Beautiful SunsetAnd here is capturing my favorite part of the day in pictures and few words! Taking it all in: the fresh air and breeze guided by tree canopies, the tree leaves falling, twisting and waving goodbye […]
- LetLet the soft wind of morning speakLet squirrels pick nutsLet happy deer forage rootsLet pretty flowers blossomLet the sun shine bright tooJust let all good things be Listen, to the rhythm of your heart – of […]
- Quote: Real TreasuresLook at each day and value the real treasures; good friends, warm sun, fresh air, hearty laughter, and true love.