Most of my quiet times are for self reflection. Each time I prepare to reflect, I take nothing along, invite no one and try to keep my brain free of thoughts. I assume that I’ve nothing save from myself and my environment.
During my stay in Workers Village, Tudun Amba in Lafia, Nigeria, I take long walks away from home. I pick a quiet place where I can enjoy uninterrupted connection with my environment. Luckily green fields surround my neighborhood. I only had to find a good spot, under some tree shade to reflect. Our environment returns whatever we give to it, respect is reciprocal.
We won’t know the true extent of Providence if we continue to ignore the impact of our activities on the environment. We are tenants and the Environment our landlord. No good tenant treats her landlord wrong, vice versa.
I remind myself that peace and tranquility is an extraordinary mix gifted to man by his environment. This is the best time to reflect on ways to treat our environment better.
I speak for green things, the trees and wildlife, and everything that considers itself living. Happy World Environment Day.
The picture above was taken in my favourite hangout spot in Tudun Amba, Lafia, Northern Nigeria. I now travel and live both in urban or rural communities of Southern Nigeria.
- Love Poem: Let’s Dream AwayYour voice wakes the wild nature in me When you sing the lyrics gladden my soul I adore those moments you look over your shoulder To catch my happy stare; as you dance away, laughing *** […]
- Art of Divine Poetry By Bhagirath Choudhary (Translated to Italian, Filipino, Albanian, French, Romanian, Spanish, Serbian)Art of Divine Poetry Poetic imagination Praises beauty of creation Giving words and voice To every human nation Poet feels the pulse By his poetic impulse Bard’s heart resonates With loving sonnets. Loving poetic spell When […]
- Abraham Lincoln’s StoryAbraham’s Humble Story When Abraham Lincoln became the president of America, his father was a shoemaker. Naturally, egoistic people were very much offended that a shoemaker’s son should become the president. On the first day, as […]
- Cranky Old Man: Anonymous PoetA brief intro When an old man died in the geriatric ward of a nursing home in an Australian country town, it was believed that he had nothing left of any value. Later when nurses were […]
- Poets Corner: What have you gained writing Poetry?Poetry Poetry is a composition in verse or language exhibiting conscious attention to patterns. The bolded are key to understanding the true nature of poems. Poetry has been in existence for centuries. As an art that […]